Dr Alka Sharma
Motivating and inspiring English Associate Professor driven to inspire students to pursue academic and professional excellence. Consistently strive to create a challenging and engaging learning environment in which students become life- long learners and try to achieve success and satisfaction.
- Awarded UGC Fellowship for Doctoral Research.
- Recipient of National Merit Scholarship.
- Authorized Book titled: Revisiting History: Narratives From Past
- Edited Books: 1. Crisis of Human Rights and Value consciousness in IndianEducation System (2006). 2. Woman consciousness and Indian Ethos (2008). 3. Value Frame Work in Good Governance (2011).
- Supervised Research Dissertation of M.Phil. Students.
- UGC Trainer for Women Managers in Higher Education.
- Honored by various Social Organizations for generating social awareness regarding social evils.
- Organized and conducted various National and International conferences, Seminars, Workshops.
- Associate Professor, Head of the English Department.
- Convenor, Career Guidance Cell.
- Written Lessons for the students of Department of Distance Education,Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra.
- Chaired Sessions in National and International conferences.
- Member, Academic Council, KUK, 2009-11
- Member, Admissions Committee, KUK 2009-11
- Member, Examination Reforms Committee, KUK, 2011-12
- Member , Governing Body, S.D. College, AmbalaCantt., 2012-13
- Vice President, S.D. College Unit of HCTA, KUK.,2009-11
- Member Executive Committee, SDCTA, HCTA, 2011-12